Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Left Cochlear Implant Surgery 08-03-2010

We're home, Thank God! We left out on Monday night to go and stay at The Ronald McDonald House (which is awesome by the way). While registering and coming back out to unpack the overnight bags, a man backed up into my parked car and dented my bumper pretty bad, it will be getting fixed though. The irony is on September 26th, I got ran off the road about a 1/2 mile away from my house - 2 days before his Right Cochlear Implant Surgery on September 29th in the same car.

Okay, so about his surgery. It was a SUCCESS!!! Praise God!!! At 7:30 a.m. he went back to Pre-op, by 7:54 his surgery had started. This is a procedure that can take up to 2 hours. Last time, his surgery only lasted 5o minutes, this time the surgery lasted 1 hour 50 minutes. He looked so much better this time around too. No paralysis of the facial nerves and not as much swelling as last time either. He is such a trooper :)

I will post new pictures as soon as I can for you to see the progress. Thank you for all of you prayers, we appreciate every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment